Monday, November 2, 2015

Blog 8

         I believe cloud computing holds the biggest promise for the future of education. Cloud computing can be used for the exchange of research. Rather than printing out class notes or getting the notes from a friend, students can access them from the same source. It makes it easier for students to access the most basic applications regardless of what technology they bring to class. No mass installations are needed with cloud computing software. What’s also great about it is there’s one source, meaning maintenance and repair is simple. We live in a digital age and cloud computing is the best representation of the future of education.

        There isn’t a future technology I can think that wasn’t mentioned in the textbook. The textbook had everything that’s in the COE Sandbox and then some. They listed educational games, 3D printing, e-readers, multi-touch technology and more. So many evolving technologies were mentioned in that short chapter it was ridiculous. I don’t even think there’s a technology out there that they didn’t mention.   


        The digital divide is the gap between demographics and regions that have access to modern technology and those who either don’t or have restricted access. It used to define the division between people with and without access to a phone. Now the technology includes phones, TVs, PCs and the internet. The divide is common between the cities and rural areas. I’m on the side of those who have access to modern technology. In my house we have multiple TVs, a few PCs including a home desktop with decent internet connection and we all have cellphones. I don’t think the digital divide will affect my future classroom. For the most part, schools aren’t too diverse in the demographic of kids who have internet access and those who don’t. It’s fairly homogeneous. If I have kids in my class who has restricted or no internet access, the school will accommodate him or her through the media center and computer labs. I as a teacher will do my part by making sure the curriculum and class activities aren’t tech heavy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment