Monday, October 19, 2015

Blog #6 Website evaluation

I visited the website of my high school, Coral Springs Charter. The website class list includes classes and teachers and it also has years and semesters to choose from. There is a teacher contact form for people to send an email to teachers. Homework and submission links are also available. CSCS is a middle and high school, so the grades of these classes aren’t properly specified. The current class list mostly caters to middle school. 
               
            I would most likely use apps as a teacher. It’s the 21st century and there’s an app for everything. The kids are on their phones anyway so I might as well put them to good use. According to textbook, apps are great for assisting students and providing teachers with grade feedback. When I was in high school my AP Stats teacher made us download an app that had us answer questions based on the material covered that day and a survey of how well we understood the lesson. It was very similar to iClicker.

            
           From the web evaluation assignment I learned how in depth teachers look for the legitimacy of the sources their students use. I learned how to make an evaluation sheet and rubric through this assignment. I also learned how to collaboratively post something on wiki. I never used wiki for anything more than research before this. Now I know how to make a wiki page, edit and add to it. If there were anything I would change about the assignment I would make sure that my group members and I were all on the same page as far as what to do and how the work is divided.  


No comments:

Post a Comment